Loan calculator apps
These apps can tell you on the spot what your payments are (or will be) and what your balances are. They range from straight calculators to being able to track how far in debt you are and how long it will take you to get out.
Loan Calculator Pro, Mortgage Calculator Pro by SVT Software
These loan calculators all accomplish the same goals:
- Allow a user to calculate payments.
- Review amortization schedules.
- Run "what-if" scenarios for adding payments.
My Loan Calculator by CalcNexus
This app lets you calculate fixed-rate simple interest payments like car loans. Features:
- The ability to load three different loans.
- Like a standard financial calculator, if you have three of the four variables, it will solve for the fourth (loan amount, interest rate, term, payment).
- Lets you add principal payments to see how the loan balance decreases.
This is an all-inclusive app to use when you're car shopping. Features:
- Allows the user to go through the entire car-buying process, including pricing a car, calculating the loan payment and even getting insurance quotes.
- Presents a lot of information and may be better suited to the iPad user than the iPhone user to avoid scrolling fatigue.