Breaking Fed news
In a surprise move, the Fed cut a key rate to 1.5 percent.
- Fed rate cut winners and losers
The Federal Reserve cut the federal funds rate. How will this affect your bottom line?
- Smart money moves after the Fed
Take advantage of the action by the Federal Reserve with these money moves.
- How soon will it hit you?
The Fed cut rates today, but when will your finances feel it?
- Fed Outlook
Greg McBride explains why the Fed and other central banks around the world made a surprise cut.
Get help understanding some economic lingo such as GDP, PCE, monetary policy and more.
- Video: Fed rate cut and you
Greg McBride explains the Fed rate cut and how it affects you.
The Federal Open Market Committee
The rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee meets at least eight times a year. Its members include the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and a rotating selection of presidents of the other 11 reserve banks. Its members are:
- Ben S. Bernanke, Board of Governors, chairman
- William C. Dudley, New York, vice chairman
- Denise P. Lockhart, Atlanta
- Donald L. Kohn, Board of Governors
- Charles L. Evans, Chicago
- Jeffrey M. Lacker, Richmond
- Janet L. Yellen, San Francisco
- Kevin M. Warsh, Board of Governors
- Elizabeth A. Duke, Board of Governors