U.S. Bank Cash Visa Signature Card benefits
The U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card is slim on unique benefits, but cardholders can take advantage of the unique bonus category structure as well as the introductory APR for new purchases and balance transfers. Also, it’s a part of the Visa Signature credit card family, which means it comes with the perks that all Visa Signature cards offer.
U.S. Bank is currently offering new cardholders a $200 rewards bonus after they apply online and spend $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 120 days of opening an account. That translates to spending just a little over $200 per month for the first four months. For most, that’s fairly doable, making this card a great option for those who want a sign-up bonus without the hefty required spend.
Introductory APR offer for purchases and balance transfers
Need to finance a large purchase over several months? Want to pause interest on existing debt? This card offers a 0 percent introductory APR for 15 billing cycles on both purchases and balance transfers. After that, the regular APR is 16.74 percent – 26.74 percent variable. The best rewards credit cards tend to have skimpier intro APR periods, but 15 months is a good offer. This gives you more than a year to focus on paying down your balance without accruing interest.
Dynamic bonus categories
One of the biggest benefits of the U.S. Bank Cash Visa Signature card is the 5 percent cash back you can receive in two categories of your choosing (on up to $2,000 per quarter, then 1 percent). The categories change each quarter, but past options have included TV, internet and streaming services, home utilities, cellphone providers, electronic stores, gyms, fast food and more.
Some enjoy the fun of selecting new categories each quarter, especially those with varied expenses.
Visa Signature benefits
Visa groups its credit cards into three tiers: Visa Traditional, Visa Signature and Visa Infinite. Each tier comes with its own suite of perks, and Visa Signature is the middle-of-the-road option. Here are some of the perks included with the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature:
- Roadside dispatch — For a set price per service call, you can contact the roadside dispatch hotline for emergency assistance 24 hours a day. Services include standard towing, tire changing, jump-starting, lockout service and fuel delivery.
- Travel and emergency assistance services — Visa will connect you with the services you need while traveling, including emergency transportation assistance, prescription and valuable document delivery, legal referrals, translation services and lost luggage locator services.
- Norton LifeLock Solutions discounts — Identity theft monitoring from Norton can keep you informed about if and how your data is being used on the dark web.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver — When you use your credit card, you can qualify for rental car insurance rather than having to purchase it from the rental company.
- Emergency card replacement — Have your card replaced in 1-3 business days in case of an emergency.
- Zero-fraud liability — You are not responsible for any unauthorized transactions made on your credit card.
How to maximize Visa Signature credit card benefits
Here’s how you can make sure you’re getting the most out of this card’s benefits.
Know your Visa Signature benefits
Many of the Visa Signature benefits apply to emergency situations, like a flat tire, a lost or stolen card, or prescription needs. In such situations, it can be hard to remember your coverage. It’s a good idea to refresh your memory of your card’s benefits every so often so you don’t forget to use those perks when they count.
You can also make a note of your Visa Signature perks on your phone so that they’re easy to access when you need them.
Make use of your bonus rewards categories
Quarterly-changing bonus categories can keep your rewards game fun, but they can be useless if you’re not paying attention. To get full value out of this perk, you should aim to select categories that you can spend $2,000 within over the course of three months, maxing out that 5 percent cash back benefit. Then, of course, be diligent about using your card for those purchases. If you have a hard time remembering the bonus categories, make a note on your phone that’s easy to refer back to.
Transfer your balance as soon as possible
The introductory 0 percent APR only lasts for the first 15 months, so if you do intend to transfer a balance, do it soon. After the intro APR period ends, the regular variable APR will apply to your credit card balance.
The bottom line
The U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card doesn’t have the richest suite of benefits, but you can certainly make use of the introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers, as well as the changing rewards categories. And don’t overlook the Visa Signature benefits, which can connect you to a variety of emergency services.