Nevada 's Vanguard 529 Savings Plan is administered by Upromise Investments but carries the Vanguard br and features a wide offering of Vanguard mutual funds in its age-based and static portfolio options. Accounts can be linked to the Upromise rewards service.
- Summary: Nevada 's Vanguard 529 Savings Plan is administered by Upromise Investments but carries the Vanguard br and features a wide offering of Vanguard mutual funds in its age-based and static portfolio options. Accounts can be linked to the Upromise rewards service.
- Program type: Savings
- Program manager: Upromise Investments, Inc.
- State residency requirements: None
- Maximum contributions: Accepts contributions until all account balances in Nevada's 529 plans for the same beneficiary reach $370,000.
- Minimum contributions: The minimum initial contribution is $3,000, or $50 through an employer automatic investment plan. The minimum subsequent contribution is $50.
- Age-based investment options: The Age-Based Option offers a choice among 3 different risk levels (Aggressive, Moderate, or Conservative) each containing 5 portfolios of underlying mutual funds. Contributions are placed into the portfolio corresponding to the selected risk level and number of years to expected enrollment, and later reassigned to more conservative portfolios as the beneficiary approaches college age.
- Static investment options: Select among 5 multi-fund portfolios (Aggressive Growth, Growth, Moderate Growth, Conservative Growth, and Income) and 14 individual-fund portfolios.
- Underlying investments: Vanguard mutual funds.
- Enrollment or application fee: None.
- Account maintenance fee: $20 annually on accounts below $3,000.
- Program management fees: 0.21% manager fee for the age-based options and a range of 0.21% to 0.50% for all other options. Fees include underlying fund expenses.
- Expenses of the underlying investments: Not applicable, included in the program management fee.
- Total asset-based expense ratio: 0.21% - 0.50%
- Program match on contributions: None.
- State tax deduction or credit for contributions: Not applicable. Nevada does not have a personal income tax.
- Web site: Click here to visit
- Telephone: 1-866-734-4530