Photo credit: Greg Wilson
The Village at Penn State
- Location: State College, Pennsylvania, 1 mile from Pennsylvania State University
- Type of facility: Not-for-profit CCRC
- Accommodations: Cottages and apartments
- Entry fee, $164,000 to $690,000
- Monthly service fee $2,100
Residents get a Penn State ID card that provides access to the library, tennis courts, a swimming venue and discounted membership to fitness facilities. Tickets are set aside for sports events, and special passes to golf courses are available. Penn State's Go 60 Program offers free for-credit courses, subject to availability; residents may also audit classes. Free lectures and courses are offered at the Penn State Center for Healthy Aging. Volunteer opportunities can be found at the Childcare Center on campus.