Retirement communities with university ties
- Location: Rochester, New York, 1.5 miles from the Rochester Institute of Technology
- Type of facility: Independent and enriched living
- Accommodations: Cottages for sale and apartments for lease
- Cottages start at $249,000 plus a $260 monthly service fee
- Apartment leases start at $2,350 a month.
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at RIT offers courses in many fields, including arts, literature, sciences, history and government. Residents may also audit RIT courses if space is available, take wellness classes in the fitness studio and participate in social programs.
Rivers Run is recently licensed as an enriched living community, providing a level of care that includes managed medications, three meals daily, personalized care, grooming and dressing, an emergency response bracelet and more while allowing residents to stay in independent apartments for as long as possible.