2014 high-yield checking: Royal Banks of Missouri
Royal Banks of Missouri offers 1.85 percent annual percentage yield on its Majestic Checking, but is available only in Missouri. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Royal Banks of Missouri
Location: University City, MO
|Nationally offered? N||APY: 1.85%||APY if conditions not met: 0.15%||Monthly debit transactions required: 12*||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $24,999.99|
- Majestic Checking: Available only in Missouri.
- Either one direct deposit or automatic debit/credit is required per month. E-statements required.
- Debit transactions must be at least $5 and be signature based.
- ATM fees reimbursed up to $25 per month.
- Balance of $25,000 or more yields 0.40%.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.