The Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan, a prepaid tuition plan has stopped accepting new enrollments and its future has not been settled.
- Summary: The Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan, a prepaid tuition plan has stopped accepting new enrollments and its future has not been settled.
- Program type: Prepaid contract
- Enrollment period: Closed to new enrollment.
- State residency requirements: The beneficiary must be a Texas resident for at least 12 months prior to application or a non-resident child of an account owner who is a Texas resident.
- Contract prices: In the last (2003) enrollment period, prices ranged from $1,766 for a one-year community college contract to $65,391 for a five-year private university contract. Installment payment contracts were available.
- Are program benefits backed by the full faith and credit of the state? Yes, in the event the program does not have sufficient funds to pay college tuition, the first available revenues of the state will be transferred into the program.
- Are program benefits collateralized or guaranteed in any other way? No
- State tax deduction or credit for contributions: Not applicable. Texas does not have a personal income tax.
- Web site: Click here to visit
- Telephone: 1-800-445-4723