Tennessee's BEST Prepaid College Tuition Plan was closed to new enrollments on November 22, 2010.
- Summary: Tennessee's BEST Prepaid College Tuition Plan was closed to new enrollments on November 22, 2010.
- Program type: Prepaid unit / guaranteed savings
- Enrollment period: Closed to new enrollment as of November 22, 2010.
- State residency requirements: The account owner or beneficiary must be a Tennessee resident at the time of program enrollment.
- Maximum contributions: Accepts contributions until all account balances in Tennessee's 529 plan for the same beneficiary reach $235,000.
- Minimum contributions: With lump-sum contributions, the minimum initial contribution is one unit, and subsequent contributions can be any amount. With automatic investments from a bank account, the minimum contribution level is $25.
- Current value of one unit: $81.11 from August 1, 2013 until July 31, 2014
- Current unit price: Not accepting contributions or new enrollments as of November 22, 2010.
- Are program benefits backed by the full faith and credit of the state? No
- Are program benefits collateralized or guaranteed in any other way? No
- State tax deduction or credit for contributions: Not applicable. Tennessee does not have a personal income tax.
- Web site: Click here to visit
- Telephone: 1-888-486-2378