Nebraska Education Savings Trust -- Advisor College Savings Plan switched program managers in December 2010 from Union Bank and Trust Company of Lincoln, Nebraska to First National Bank of Omaha. Accounts can be linked to the Upromise rewards service.
- Summary: Nebraska Education Savings Trust -- Advisor College Savings Plan switched program managers in December 2010 from Union Bank and Trust Company of Lincoln, Nebraska to First National Bank of Omaha. Accounts can be linked to the Upromise rewards service.
- Program type: Savings
- Program manager: First National Bank of Omaha
- State residency requirements: None
- Maximum contributions: Accepts contributions until all account balances in Nebraska's 529 plans for the same beneficiary reach $360,000.
- Minimum contributions: No minimum.
- Age-based investment options: The Age-Based Portfolios option offers a choice among 4 different risk levels (Aggressive, Growth, Index, and Conservative).
- Static investment options: Select among 3 multi-fund portfolios with varying risk tolerances and 19 individual-fund portfolios including a savings account option.
- Underlying investments: American Century, Dreyfus, Federated, State Street, iShares, Dodge & Cox, SPDR, MetWest, Federated, Tributary, T. Rowe Price, Vanguard, and Goldman Sachs.
- Enrollment or application fee: None.
- Account maintenance fee: None.
- Program management fees: All portfolios except Age-Based Conservative 19+, Goldman Sachs Prime Money Market, and Bank Savings option:
0.27% and a state fee of 0.03%, plus distribution fees of 0.25% (Class A) or 1.00% (Class C).
Age-Based Conservative 19+ and Goldman Sachs Prime Money Market Portfolio:
0.27% and a state fee of 0.03%.
Bank Savings Option:
0.18% and a state fee of 0.02%
- Expenses of the underlying investments: Ranges from 0.09% to 0.27% (portfolio weighted average) in the age-based and static multi-fund portfolios, from 0.0175% to 0.99% in the individual-fund portfolios, none for the Bank Savings option.
- Total asset-based expense ratio: Class A: 0.20% - 1.54%
Class C: 0.20% - 2.29%
- Program match on contributions: None.
- State tax deduction or credit for contributions: Contributions to a Nebraska 529 plan of up to $10,000 per year for single taxpayers and married taxpayers filing jointly, and up to $5,000 per year for married taxpayers filing separately, are deductible in computing Nebraska taxable income. Contributions made by the account owner or parents or guardians of UTMA/UGMA accounts are deductible. Contribution deadline is December 31 postmark.
- Web site: Click here to visit
- Telephone: 888-659-6378