MOST - Missouri's 529 Advisor Plan, managed by Upromise, features a selection of three ETF asset-allocation portfolios, an anti-terror portfolio, and 14 individual-fund portfolios. Accounts can be linked to the Upromise rewards service.
- Summary: MOST - Missouri's 529 Advisor Plan, managed by Upromise, features a selection of three ETF asset-allocation portfolios, an anti-terror portfolio, and 14 individual-fund portfolios. Accounts can be linked to the Upromise rewards service.
- Program type: Savings
- Telephone: 1-800-617-5097
- Web site: Click here to visit
- Program manager: Upromise Investments, Inc.
- State residency requirements: None
- Maximum contributions: Accepts contributions until all account balances in Missouri's 529 plans for the same beneficiary reach $325,000.
- Minimum contributions: With lump-sum contributions, the minimum initial contribution is $500. With the automatic investment plan, the minimum contribution level is $50 per portfolio per month or $150 per quarter via bank transfer or $25 per payroll via payroll direct deposit.
- Age-based investment options: None.
- Static investment options: Select among 3 asset-allocation options (the ETF portfolios), an anti-terror portfolio, and 14 individual-fund options.
- Underlying investments: American Funds, American Century Investment Management, Inc., BlackRock iShares, Columbia Management Group, DWS Investments, Franklin Templeton Investments, PIMCO, Scout Investment Advisors, T. Rowe Price, Van Kampen Investments.
- Enrollment or application fee: None, but contributions may be subject to a sales charge.
- Account maintenance fee: $25 annually for accounts with less than $25,000.
- Program management fees: 0.30% manager fee plus distribution/marketing fee of 0.25% (Class A) or 1.00% (Class C), except the distribution/marketing fee for the Templeton Growth Portfolio is 0.00% (Class A) or 0.75% (Class C).
- Expenses of the underlying investments: Ranges from 0.20% to 1.08%.
- Total asset-based expense ratio: Class A: 0.75% - 1.45%
Class C: 1.50% - 2.20%
- Program match on contributions: None.
- State tax deduction or credit for contributions: Contributions to Missouri AND non-Missouri 529 plans of up to $8,000 per year by an individual, and up to $16,000 per year by a married couple filing jointly, are deductible in computing Missouri taxable income. Only contributions made by the account owner are deductible, except for spouses filing a joint return. Rollover contributions are not deductible. Contribution deadline is December 31 postmark.