MOST - Missouri's 529 College Savings Plan (Direct-sold), managed by Ascensus College Savings, features three-age based options and 15 static portfolios with Vanguard funds. Accounts can be linked to the Upromise rewards service.
- Summary: MOST - Missouri's 529 College Savings Plan (Direct-sold), managed by Ascensus College Savings, features three-age based options and 15 static portfolios with Vanguard funds. Accounts can be linked to the Upromise rewards service.
- Program type: Savings
- Program manager: Ascensus College Savings
- State residency requirements: None
- Maximum contributions: Accepts contributions until all account balances in Missouri's 529 plans for the same beneficiary reach $325,000.
- Minimum contributions: $25, or $15 per pay period via payroll deduction.
- Age-based investment options: The Age-Based option is offered in 3 different risk levels (Aggressive, Moderate, and Conservative) each containing 5 portfolios of underlying mutual funds. Contributions are placed into the portfolio corresponding to the risk level selected and the number of years to expected enrollment, and later reassigned to more conservative portfolios as the beneficiary approaches college age.
- Static investment options: Select among 6 multi-fund portfolios and 9 individual-fund portfolios.
- Underlying investments: Vanguard mutual funds.
- Enrollment or application fee: None
- Account maintenance fee: $10 annually, waived for account owners or beneficiaries who are Missouri residents, by choosing electronic delivery for all plan documents, or for accounts with greater than $10,000.
- Program management fees: 0.15% - 0.24%
- Expenses of the underlying investments: 0.02% - 0.36%
- Total asset-based expense ratio: 0.23% - 0.58%
- Program match on contributions: The MOST Matching Grant Program has been discontinued.
- State tax deduction or credit for contributions: Contributions to Missouri AND non-Missouri 529 plans of up to $8,000 per year by an individual, and up to $16,000 per year by a married couple filing jointly, are deductible in computing Missouri taxable income. Only contributions made by the account owner are deductible, except for spouses filing a joint return. Rollover contributions are not deductible. Contribution deadline is December 31 postmark.
- Web site: Click here to visit
- Telephone: 1-888-414-6678