The largest and one of the oldest prepaid tuition plans in the country, Florida Prepaid College Plan is helping over one million Florida families save and lock in the future cost of attending Florida's public institutions.
- Summary: The largest and one of the oldest prepaid tuition plans in the country, Florida Prepaid College Plan is helping over one million Florida families save and lock in the future cost of attending Florida's public institutions.
- Program type: Prepaid contract
- Enrollment period: November 1, 2013 through February 28, 2014
- State residency requirements: The beneficiary or the parent/guardian must have been a Florida resident for the 12 months prior to enrollment. The beneficiary must be within the age/grade requirements for the selected plan.
- Contract prices: In the 2013-14 enrollment, prices range from as little as $7,307.18 for the two-year Florida College Plan for an 11th grader to as much as $53,425 for the four-year Florida University Plan for a newborn. Dormitory plans can be purchased separately for up to four years. An extended payment plan is available.
- Are program benefits backed by the full faith and credit of the state? Yes, and in the event the program is terminated, all participants within 5 years of college enrollment will receive full promised benefits while others will receive a refund of payments made plus interest.
- Are program benefits collateralized or guaranteed in any other way? No
- State tax deduction or credit for contributions: Not applicable. Florida does not have a personal income tax.
- Web site: Click here to visit
- Telephone: 1-800-552-4723