Colorado's Prepaid Tuition Fund program closed permanently on November 1, 2013.
- Summary: Colorado's Prepaid Tuition Fund program closed permanently on November 1, 2013.
- Program type: Prepaid unit
- Enrollment period: Closed to new enrollments as of August 1, 2002.
- State residency requirements:
- Maximum contributions: Accepts contributions until all account balances in Colorado's 529 plans for the same beneficiary reach $350,000.
- Minimum contributions: No longer accepting contributions.
- Current value of one unit: 1% of average tuition at Colorado four-year public colleges, universities, and state community colleges, but not to exceed 5.5% annual increase
- Current unit price: Not accepting new contributions
- Are program benefits backed by the full faith and credit of the state? No
- Are program benefits collateralized or guaranteed in any other way? No
- State tax deduction or credit for contributions: Contributions to a Colorado 529 plan, to the extent of the contributor's federal taxable income, are deductible in computing Colorado taxable income. Rollover contributions are not eligible for the deduction.
- Web site: Click here to visit
- Telephone: 1-800-448-2424