The West Virginia SMART529 Prepaid Tuition Plan which is a prepaid tuition plan has stopped accepting new enrollments and its future has not been settled.
- Summary: The West Virginia SMART529 Prepaid Tuition Plan which is a prepaid tuition plan has stopped accepting new enrollments and its future has not been settled.
- Program type: Prepaid contract
- Telephone: 1-866-574-3542
- Web site: Click here to visit
- Enrollment period: Closed to new enrollment.
- State residency requirements: The account owner or beneficiary must be a West Virginia resident at the time of purchase.
- Contract prices: No longer accepting new enrollments.
- Are program benefits backed by the full faith and credit of the state? No
- Are program benefits collateralized or guaranteed in any other way? Yes, a prepaid tuition escrow account exists to guarantee payment of prepaid tuition contracts; up to $1,000,000 annually is transferred to the escrow account from the state's unclaimed property fund if an unfunded liability exists in the program's trust fund.
- State tax deduction or credit for contributions: Contributions to West Virginia's 529 plans are fully deductible in computing West Virginia taxable income.