Get it done right the first time with this advice on free filing, e-filing, documentation and refunds.
- Tax refund loan alternativesBe patient when waiting for your tax refund, because refund anticipation loans can come back to bite you.
- Complete our 10-point tax return checklistDon't send your return until you complete this simple last-minute review.
- Last-minute tips for snail-mail filersIf you're sending your tax return the old-fashioned way, follow these tips before mailing it.
- Tax breaks for gas saversIf your timing is right, a vehicle that runs on alternative fuel could provide big tax breaks.
- Tax credit claims could limit Free FileThe IRS's Free File option is back. But this year, tax credits could leave some filers out.
- Don't overlook enrolled agents at tax timeThe certification "EA" means special status when it comes to taxes.
- 2009 tax forms you needIf you prefer to file by hand or want to check out the forms you need to fill out before filing online, check out this list to see the most current forms.