2014 high-yield checking: Belvoir Federal Credit Union
Belvoir Federal Credit Union in Woodbridge, Virginia, offers CUXcel Checking, with an above-average annual percentage yield, but it is available only to certain groups in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Belvoir Federal Credit Union
Location: Woodbridge, VA
|Nationally offered? N||APY: 2.53%||APY if conditions not met: 0.05%||Monthly debit transactions required: 15*||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y||Balance cap: $15,000|
- CUXcel Checking: Available to certain groups in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
- Fifteen debit card purchases and/or electronic bill payments cleared and posted, and one direct deposit ($500 minimum) are required per month.
- Receive e-statements.
- Log in to BOB (Belvoir Online Banking) or mobile banking monthly.
- Balance above $15,000 yields 0.05%.
- ATM refund: Unlimited, if qualifications are met.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.