2014 high-yield checking: CapEd Federal Credit Union
Idaho-based CapEd Federal Credit Union offers its High Yield Checking, with a high annual percentage yield but a below-average balance cap. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
CapEd Federal Credit Union
Location: Meridian, ID
|Nationally offered? Y*||APY: 2.50%||APY if conditions not met: 0.05%||Monthly debit transactions required: 12||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $10,000|
- High Yield Checking: Available nationally ($10 donation to charity required if you do not meet standard credit union membership requirements).
- Either one direct deposit or automatic payment required per month; enroll in online banking and receive e-statements.
- ATM fee refunds up to $25 per month.
- Receipt must be presented for fees of $5 and over.
- Rate for balance above $10,000 is 0.20%.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.