2014 high-yield checking: Avidia Bank
Avidia Bank in Hudson, Massachusetts, offers e-checking, with a below average annual percentage yield, but you can earn it on a higher balance than you'll find with other accounts. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Location: Hudson, MA
|Nationally offered? Y||APY: 1.06%||APY if conditions not met: 0.05%||Monthly debit transactions required: 10||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $25,000|
- E-checking: Available nationally.
- Must open account online.
- Must sign up for e-statements.
- Enroll in free Internet banking and sign in at least once per month.
- Have at least one recurring automatic transaction per month, such as direct deposit or automatic payment of a bill. Amounts over $25,000 yields 0.05%, if requirements are met.
- ATM refunds: Up to $10 per statement cycle, if requirements are met.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.