2014 high-yield checking: Arizona Bank & Trust
Phoenix-based Arizona Bank & Trust offers its Cash Rewards Checking with a 1.51 annual percentage yield, but the account is available only to Arizona residents. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Arizona Bank & Trust
|Nationally offered? N||APY: 1.51%||APY if conditions not met: 0.01%||Monthly debit transactions required: 15*||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? N||Direct deposit required? Y||Balance cap: $20,000|
- Cash Rewards Checking: Only available to Arizona residents.
- Debit transactions must be signature-based.
- E-statements required with a valid email address.
- Minimum to open: $25.
- Monthly fee: E-statements enrollment is required to avoid $2.50 paper statement fee.
- Balance above $20,000 yields 0.21%, if requirements are met.
- ATM refunds: Up to $20 per statement cycle, if requirements are met.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.