Employment Opportunities in Bankrate, Inc.
Senior Director, Video & Multimedia
The Senior Director will be responsible for the creative and production leadership of video and visual elements for the website. This includes ideation and development while overseeing multimedia editor and video team.
The candidate will work with the Product, Design and overall internal teams to develop videos, interactive elements, and images that clearly communicate our message in an engaging manner to drive user engagement, social sharing and repeat visits.
The candidate must orchestrate the multimedia team and collaborate with other departments to produce great results. The candidate must be able to balance multiple priorities and able to meet planned deadlines.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of digital video production processes, workflow, and platforms.
- Supervise all aspects of pre-production and production of product videos, including scheduling, budget planning and traveling to direct, produce, and manage crews for location shoots.
- Collaborate on all aspects of post-production and publishing, including reviewing footage, writing scripts, supervising editing and post-production, securing legal permissions, and making certain all assets and supplementary materials are ready for Web publishing.
- Ability to work with camera operators, audio producers to deliver high quality web based videos on time.
- Skilled at producing high quality video with diverse stylistic approaches, that include how-to as well as narrative storytelling
- Ability to manage video editing and encoding formats.
Visual elements, Images, Designs:
- The candidate leads the team that is responsible for selecting appealing and compelling images for editorial content.
- The candidate orchestrates the process of integrating high impact interactive content to get the message across for key content areas
- This person must display a high degree of creativity utilizing industry trends and visual design skills.
- Provide photo art direction to ensure creative execution is meeting website requirements.
- Ability to generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs.
- Possess experience in design and best practices for the web.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Must possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidate should be highly organized, and take pride in attention to detail and high-quality execution of work.
- Ability to define solutions that will generate measurable results for internal business leaders, measured in brand perception, customer engagement and sales conversion.
- Broad understanding of the overall advertising experience, how all types of online media are executed.
- Experience using Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop and After Effects or alternate editing systems like Avid or Adobe Premiere.
- 6 years in an agency or client side industry or related experience, developing interactive product centric digital projects and managing a team.
- Minimum of 6 years in digital production with a deep understanding how to tell a story through video, photos, graphics and other creative web functions
- BA/BS Degree
Please provide a portfolio of creative and engaging visual elements including video programs or segments produced for the web via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include salary requirement.
Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE) is the Web's leading aggregator of financial rate information, offering an unparalleled depth and breadth of rate data and financial content. Bankrate continually surveys approximately 4,800 financial institutions in all 50 states in order to provide clear, objective, and unbiased rates to consumers.
Our flagship Web site, Bankrate.com, provides free rate information to consumers on more than 300 financial products, including mortgages, credit cards, new and used automobile loans, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, checking and ATM fees, home equity loans and online banking fees. In addition to rate data, we publish original and objective personal finance stories to help consumers make informed financial decisions.
Our staff of award winning reporters and editors provides expert advice on just about every major financial decision facing our readers: from purchasing their first home, to selecting a new car, to saving for retirement.