Employment Opportunities in Bankrate, Inc.
Senior Business Analyst
As a Senior Business Analyst for Bankrate, Inc., you are charged with providing analytics reporting and data-driven strategic insights, trends and perspectives. The ideal candidate will develop and maintain relevant reporting and perform critical data analysis necessary to monitor and improve revenue-related business goals for the Bankrate network, including Bankrate.com. You will report to the Business Analytics Manager, as well as contribute to cross-functional teams comprised of product development, sales, editorial, SEO, customer service, IT/engineering, finance, and business development.
This role requires a proactive personality, extremely analytical mindset, attention to detail, and excellent time management and communication skills. This position is being recruited for the New York City office of Bankrate.
- Utilize internal and external data sources to develop and maintain operational reporting used to track key performance metrics for the overall business as well as specific sources of traffic, channels, or products.
- Investigate and analyze traffic trends using Omniture data and data from other proprietary sources.
- Develop ROI business cases to support new and existing product development.
- Analyze and report results from site split testing.
- Develop and maintain reporting and analysis needs for our display advertising business to help us optimize yield.
- Analyze editorial traffic and revenue metrics to inform content selection for key areas of site.
- Monitor available information about competitors and provide competitive analysis when needed.
- Provide occasional support for content selection, build and deployment of consumer email campaigns.
- Ensure data integrity across all performance-based product metrics, tracking and reporting.
- Interpret and communicate information in a manner that can be comprehended by non-analytical audience.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of business modeling, analysis, and/or market research experience at mid/large sized companies
- Strong analytical background with a proven track record demonstrating an aptitude to compile data in comprehensive reports, analyze trends and make fact-based recommendations
- Needs to be able to extract and manipulate a variety of data for the benefit of finance, ad operations, sales and senior management
- Knowledge of the Internet landscape, including a comprehension of display advertising, online classifieds, lead-oriented/search-oriented (cost per click, cost per lead, cost per call) business models.
- Prior experience at an online listings-based product/site, classifieds site or ecommerce site a plus
- MS Excel proficiency a must (pivot tables also a must)
- Experience with data manipulation in a relational database environment; MS Access proficiency a plus
- Experience with Omniture (or equivalent web analytics tool) a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to work on small/simple projects to large/complex projects, strong prioritization skills
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Occasional travel to various Bankrate offices is required
- BS/BA required
- References are a must
Please submit resumes and recent clips to email@example.com.
Bankrate.com is looking for an enthusiastic journalist to work with its editorial desk on data-driven projects. Applicants must be skilled storytellers who are capable of quickly finding and analyzing data. The data journalist will join a two-person statistics team that works in all phases of story development. The stats team pitches its own ideas for the website while working with reporters and editors on other projects.
- Locate, analyze and explain financial data for Bankrate's vast online audience.
- Develop contacts within public and private agencies that act as gatekeepers for financial statistics, such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Federal Reserve, Census, RealtyTrac, etc.
- Work closely with Bankrate.com’s editorial team. Help them troubleshoot any issues with statistics.
- Conceive and assist in building interactive maps and calculators.
- Identify relevant Bankrate content for new products, partner needs and breaking news.
- Strong ability with Excel spreadsheets.
- Knack for finding story ideas and trends within the data.
- Experience with turning statistics into maps, charts and calculators.
- 2-3 years of reporting or editing experience.
- Understanding of SEO and Social Media.
- Enthusiasm and a penchant for acquiring new skills.
Please submit resumes and recent clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director, Strategic Development
The Director will be responsible for researching, analyzing, synthesizing, presenting and executing new business ventures and product development innovations. The new role is part of a corporate-wide innovations and ventures group responsible for executing all manner of new products and services to personal finance consumers. Bankrate’s Strategic Development Group is a start-up incubatory team of professionals that pursues product/venture developments & launches with wide latitude of freedom. Apps, mobile and desktop. Build. Buy. Rent. Free or freemium. Leveraging all of Bankrate’s promotional, financial and operational assets, the Strategic Development Group drives new businesses through the creation of innovative consumer value propositions. Interest. Impress. Engage. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
The Director will report to the Chief Strategic Development Officer at Bankrate’s headquarters in New York City. The most qualified candidates are likely to be post-business school professionals with at least 3-4 years of previous experience in strategy, management or operations consulting. Experience with online/mobile/app product development, consumer technologies, and tech innovations required. While being detail and data oriented, the candidate must be self-motivated & creative. Candidates must desire to be part of a start-up environment. While separate and self-governed, the Strategic Development Group operates within Bankrate, Inc. – a respected, successful and well-capitalized business with the resources to dedicate to the group’s long term success.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com with the subject line "Director, Strategic Development" for consideration.
Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE) is the Web's leading aggregator of financial rate information, offering an unparalleled depth and breadth of rate data and financial content. Bankrate continually surveys approximately 4,800 financial institutions in all 50 states in order to provide clear, objective, and unbiased rates to consumers.
Our flagship Web site, Bankrate.com, provides free rate information to consumers on more than 300 financial products, including mortgages, credit cards, new and used automobile loans, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, checking and ATM fees, home equity loans and online banking fees. In addition to rate data, we publish original and objective personal finance stories to help consumers make informed financial decisions.
Our staff of award winning reporters and editors provides expert advice on just about every major financial decision facing our readers: from purchasing their first home, to selecting a new car, to saving for retirement.