Employment Opportunities in Bankrate, Inc.
- Digital Media Coordinator, Satellite Sites
- Senior Reporter, Banking
- Content Creation: Whether it’s an article, interview, chart, infographic, video or podcast – help build creative, shareable, and educational content that speaks to your target community and answers their questions.
- Content Promotion: Discover and identify authoritative/community influencers to share and promote the brand’s content through social media channels and email marketing.
- Link Building: Drive eyes to the brand by optimizing content for search and building links to valuable pages to increase search visibility.
- Perform deep research using 3rd party and proprietary tools to find authoritative sites and influencers in the personal finance space.
- Email Marketing: Once you’ve discovered authoritative sites and influencers, build/nurture relationships to turn them into brand ambassadors to promote/link to your content.
- Meticulously track, measure, analyze and refine content promotion efforts.
- Compile weekly performance measurement reports
- Strategize and collaborate with SEO, Social, editorial, product and design teams for optimal content coordination and success.
- Create a schedule with contacts to announce upcoming content
- 1-2 years of SEO, inbound marketing and/or social media experience required
- Understand organic, white hat SEO techniques and inbound marketing/link building best practices
- Exceptional telephone/email manner and an ability to build rapport with new contacts
- Articulate with excellent communication skills.
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with social media and social media campaigns (Tweet chats, Google Hangouts, contests, etc.)
- Intermediate multimedia editing skills (photo, video, audio) required. Knowledge of editing software a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premier, Final Cut pro)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to establish processes with documentation
- Familiar with website coding, HTML and Internet usage, search, experience with MS Office
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Ambitious, “out of the box” thinking, with a healthy dash of competitiveness and team camaraderie.
- Sales and marketing experience a plus
- BA in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Follow the banking industry and cultivate relationships and sources.
- Identify and write consumer banking articles and blog posts.
- Work with editorial team to identify new story ideas.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Follow trends in social media as it relates to producing content.
- Work with editorial team to create interactive stories.
- Speak with other media outlets as a banking spokesperson.
- Knowledgeable of banking industry.
- 5-10 years’ experience as a reporter/writer.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Experience with basic HTML.
- College degree, preferably in journalism or business.
Digital Media Coordinator, Satellite Sites
Location: North Palm Beach, FL
Reports to: Manager, Content Promotion
Local candidates only.
Looking to put your creativity, social media and inbound marketing skills to use on the #1 personal finance website? Bankrate, Inc. is seeking a Digital Media Coordinator to join the content promotion team to work on a variety of Bankrate-owned web properties including Interest.com, Bargaineering.com, Bankaholic.com and Mortgage-Calc.com. The ideal candidate understands online content publishing & promotion, community building (social media, email), and the importance of search (SEO). This person is also outgoing, ambitious, meticulous, data-driven, and enjoys creating quality content that pulls people toward the brand. This is a great opportunity for someone with social media/marketing experience and the right skill-set who wants to work with a strong group of online marketing veterans.
Skills and experience:
Above all, must have a strong interest for SEO and content promotion. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Reporter, Banking
Bankrate.com seeks an experienced personal finance reporter to cover banking for its website. The reporter must have experience writing for consumers, understand and follow the banking industry, and be fluent regarding the many regulations affecting the industry. The ideal candidate explains how banking news and trends affect consumers. The banking beat includes topics such as checking and savings accounts, bank fees, MMAs, CDs and other fixed-income products. The ideal candidate has excellent reporting and writing skills; has written for online publications; blogs, tweets and engages socially as part of the reporting process; is familiar with SEO; and is comfortable speaking with other media – on and off camera – about the banking beat.
We expect the reporter to develop story ideas, as well as write assigned stories; respond quickly to events in the marketplace (again, understanding how that news affects consumers); have an established group of sources, and have experience with data-driven reporting projects. We prefer someone who has experience conceptualizing stories for the Web using multimedia. Comfort using Excel and WordPress is a plus.
Please submit resumes and recent clips to email@example.com.
Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE) is the Web's leading aggregator of financial rate information, offering an unparalleled depth and breadth of rate data and financial content. Bankrate continually surveys approximately 4,800 financial institutions in all 50 states in order to provide clear, objective, and unbiased rates to consumers.
Our flagship Web site, Bankrate.com, provides free rate information to consumers on more than 300 financial products, including mortgages, credit cards, new and used automobile loans, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, checking and ATM fees, home equity loans and online banking fees. In addition to rate data, we publish original and objective personal finance stories to help consumers make informed financial decisions.
Our staff of award winning reporters and editors provides expert advice on just about every major financial decision facing our readers: from purchasing their first home, to selecting a new car, to saving for retirement.