Employment Opportunities in Bankrate, Inc.
Senior Business Analyst
As a Senior Business Analyst for Bankrate, Inc., you are charged with providing analytics reporting and data-driven strategic insights, trends and perspectives. The ideal candidate will develop and maintain relevant reporting and perform critical data analysis necessary to monitor and improve revenue-related business goals for the Bankrate network, including Bankrate.com. You will report to the Business Analytics Manager, as well as contribute to cross-functional teams comprised of product development, sales, editorial, SEO, customer service, IT/engineering, finance, and business development.
This role requires a proactive personality, extremely analytical mindset, attention to detail, and excellent time management and communication skills. This position is being recruited for the New York City office of Bankrate.
- Utilize internal and external data sources to develop and maintain operational reporting used to track key performance metrics for the overall business as well as specific sources of traffic, channels, or products.
- Investigate and analyze traffic trends using Omniture data and data from other proprietary sources.
- Develop ROI business cases to support new and existing product development.
- Analyze and report results from site split testing.
- Develop and maintain reporting and analysis needs for our display advertising business to help us optimize yield.
- Analyze editorial traffic and revenue metrics to inform content selection for key areas of site.
- Monitor available information about competitors and provide competitive analysis when needed.
- Provide occasional support for content selection, build and deployment of consumer email campaigns.
- Ensure data integrity across all performance-based product metrics, tracking and reporting.
- Interpret and communicate information in a manner that can be comprehended by non-analytical audience.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of business modeling, analysis, and/or market research experience at mid/large sized companies
- Strong analytical background with a proven track record demonstrating an aptitude to compile data in comprehensive reports, analyze trends and make fact-based recommendations
- Needs to be able to extract and manipulate a variety of data for the benefit of finance, ad operations, sales and senior management
- Knowledge of the Internet landscape, including a comprehension of display advertising, online classifieds, lead-oriented/search-oriented (cost per click, cost per lead, cost per call) business models.
- Prior experience at an online listings-based product/site, classifieds site or ecommerce site a plus
- MS Excel proficiency a must (pivot tables also a must)
- Experience with data manipulation in a relational database environment; MS Access proficiency a plus
- Experience with Omniture (or equivalent web analytics tool) a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to work on small/simple projects to large/complex projects, strong prioritization skills
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Occasional travel to various Bankrate offices is required
- BS/BA required
- References are a must
Please submit resumes and recent clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Director, Video & Multimedia
The Senior Director will be responsible for the creative and production leadership of video and visual elements for the website. This includes ideation and development while overseeing multimedia editor and video team.
The candidate will work with the Product, Design and overall internal teams to develop videos, interactive elements, and images that clearly communicate our message in an engaging manner to drive user engagement, social sharing and repeat visits.
The candidate must orchestrate the multimedia team and collaborate with other departments to produce great results. The candidate must be able to balance multiple priorities and able to meet planned deadlines.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of digital video production processes, workflow, and platforms.
- Supervise all aspects of pre-production and production of product videos, including scheduling, budget planning and traveling to direct, produce, and manage crews for location shoots.
- Collaborate on all aspects of post-production and publishing, including reviewing footage, writing scripts, supervising editing and post-production, securing legal permissions, and making certain all assets and supplementary materials are ready for Web publishing.
- Ability to work with camera operators, audio producers to deliver high quality web based videos on time.
- Skilled at producing high quality video with diverse stylistic approaches, that include how-to as well as narrative storytelling
- Ability to manage video editing and encoding formats.
Visual elements, Images, Designs:
- The candidate leads the team that is responsible for selecting appealing and compelling images for editorial content.
- The candidate orchestrates the process of integrating high impact interactive content to get the message across for key content areas
- This person must display a high degree of creativity utilizing industry trends and visual design skills.
- Provide photo art direction to ensure creative execution is meeting website requirements.
- Ability to generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs.
- Possess experience in design and best practices for the web.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Must possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidate should be highly organized, and take pride in attention to detail and high-quality execution of work.
- Ability to define solutions that will generate measurable results for internal business leaders, measured in brand perception, customer engagement and sales conversion.
- Broad understanding of the overall advertising experience, how all types of online media are executed.
- Experience using Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop and After Effects or alternate editing systems like Avid or Adobe Premiere.
- 6 years in an agency or client side industry or related experience, developing interactive product centric digital projects and managing a team.
- Minimum of 6 years in digital production with a deep understanding how to tell a story through video, photos, graphics and other creative web functions
- BA/BS Degree
Please provide a portfolio of creative and engaging visual elements including video programs or segments produced for the web via email to email@example.com and please include salary requirement.
Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE) is the Web's leading aggregator of financial rate information, offering an unparalleled depth and breadth of rate data and financial content. Bankrate continually surveys approximately 4,800 financial institutions in all 50 states in order to provide clear, objective, and unbiased rates to consumers.
Our flagship Web site, Bankrate.com, provides free rate information to consumers on more than 300 financial products, including mortgages, credit cards, new and used automobile loans, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, checking and ATM fees, home equity loans and online banking fees. In addition to rate data, we publish original and objective personal finance stories to help consumers make informed financial decisions.
Our staff of award winning reporters and editors provides expert advice on just about every major financial decision facing our readers: from purchasing their first home, to selecting a new car, to saving for retirement.