The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation for . The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
Capital One is continuing the trend of revamping its card offerings and features. First, we saw the relaunch of the Capital One travel portal, now transformed into a top-tier travel booking tool to help maximize every dollar spent on travel accommodations. Then, the debut of the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card created a new space for mid-range travel cards competing with the likes of Chase and Amex.
Starting May 17, 2022, the issuer is expanding travel portal access to more cardholders in the Capital One family. The following Capital One cards will now have access to Capital One Travel and earn an unlimited 5 percent cash back on hotels and rental cars booked via the portal with eligible cards: Savor, Quicksilver, Spark Cash and Capital One student credit cards.
What is the Capital One Travel portal?
Essentially, this travel portal allows Capital One cardholders to search for and book travel accommodations using a combination of Capital One rewards and cash. One reason to be excited about this new change is that you don’t have to be a premium travel credit card holder to access many of the features offered through the portal:
- The ability to book accommodations with a growing list of Capital One travel partners at a 1:1 value or greater
- Access to travel portal features such as price prediction, price watch, price drop protection, price match guarantee and the ability to cancel for any reason
- Information and updates on Capital One lounges
- The opportunity to earn 5X rewards on travel accommodation made through the travel portal (Venture X cardholders, however, earn an unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cars and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel)
Who will have access to Capital One Travel?
Previously, only the following cardholders could take advantage of the Capital One travel portal:
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business
- Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business
- Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard®
The following cards have now been added:
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One Spark Cash Plus
- Capital One Spark Cash Select – $500 Cash Bonus
- Capital One Spark Cash Select – 0% Intro APR for 12 Months
- Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Journey Student Rewards from Capital One
What else should Capital One cardholders look forward to?
If you were thinking of getting an entry-level travel card, the early spend bonus for the Capital One Venture Rewards card is now 75,000 miles after spending $4,000 within three months of account opening. This could be worth up to $750 toward travel via the Capital One travel portal.
Capital One is also launching a new partnership with Turo, a leading peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace (think Airbnb, but for cars). Starting May 17, 2022, Venture X cardholders will earn 10X miles and Venture cardholders will earn 5X miles when booking through the Turo app or on Turo.com (through May 16, 2023).
Finally, Capital One just announced a new, expanded Partner Lounge Network that will offer eligible cardholders access to an additional 100+ lounges worldwide. Starting June 14, 2022, eligible card holders can access all domestic Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses, the Air France Lounge at Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, the MERA Business Lounges at Cancún International Airport and more. Access to Capital One’s Partner Lounge Network depends on the card you have:
- Venture X cardholders will now receive unlimited complimentary access to 100+ Plaza Premium Lounges worldwide, in addition to current lounge offerings (unlimited complimentary access to 1,300+ Priority Pass Lounges worldwide and Capital One Lounges).
- Venture and Spark Miles cardholders can now use their two annual complimentary lounge visits to any of the 100+ Plaza Premium Lounges worldwide or Capital One Lounges, a unique benefit for a $95 AMF travel rewards card.
- To see a full list of lounge offerings and access policies, visit the Capital One Partner Lounge Network page.
How can you access Capital One Travel?
If you already have one of the eligible Capital One cards mentioned above, you’ll see the option to start booking trips when you sign in and view your rewards. If you don’t have an eligible Capital One card, you can either upgrade an existing Capital One card to one on the list above or apply for a new one using Bankrate’s CardMatch tool.
The bottom line: Should you use Capital One Travel to book travel accommodations?
Whether you’ve got an eligible Capital One credit card or will soon apply for one, now seems like a great time to take advantage of all the enhanced travel features the issuer is offering. With a consistent number of steady changes and upgrades, it’s safe to say that Capital One is committed to creating a feature-rich cardholder experience full of expanding perks and benefits. The good news is that there are plenty of Capital One cards to choose from based on your spending habits and financial needs.
The information about the Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business has been collected independently by Bankrate.com. The card details have not been reviewed or approved by the card issuer.