Investing in the stock market is the only way most people have of building real wealth. The benchmark S&P 500 stock index has climbed 7.6 percent in the past six months, and strong economic data point to robust earnings for companies.
The right stock investments:
- Keep pace with inflation.
- Reach your financial goals with the right mix of investments.
- Reduce investing risk with a solid asset allocation strategy.
- Reduce risk with a well-planned strategy for buying and selling stocks.
- Use dollar-cost averaging to stay in the market when stock valuations are high.
- Aren’t impacted by high-frequency trading.
If you are nervous about getting into the market, consider these six reasons you should change your thinking.