May 2013: Top 10 states for foreclosure
Foreclosure filings were up 2 percent nationally from April to May. According to RealtyTrac, a California-based firm that tracks foreclosures, these states had the highest rates of foreclosure in May.
Did your state make the top 10 foreclosure list?
Top 10 foreclosures by state (as of May 2013)
- National foreclosure filing average: 1:885 housing units
- National average foreclosure sales price: $182,136
- 1States: According to RealtyTrac, these states had the highest rates of foreclosure in May.
- 2Ratio of foreclosures: Ratio is based on the total number of properties entered into RealtyTrac's database during the month, broken out by type of filing.
- 3Rates: Average interest rate charged in the state for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage based on Bankrate.com's June 12, 2013, overnight averages.
- 4Income tax: The range of taxes levied by states on personal income. The tax is based on earned and unearned income.