2014 high-yield checking: Bank of the Wichitas
Snyder, Oklahoma-based Bank of the Wichitas' Wichita Rewards Checking offers a higher-than-average annual percentage yield and does not require bill payment or automatic withdrawal to earn it. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Bank of the Wichitas
Location: Snyder, OK
|Nationally offered? Y*||APY: 2.50%*||APY if conditions not met: 0.25%||Monthly debit transactions required: 10||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? N||Direct deposit required? N||Balance cap: $20,000|
- Wichita Rewards Checking: Available nationally but must be opened at a branch.
- Neither direct deposit, bill pay nor automatic payment is required.
- Minimum to open: $1.
- Balance above $10,000 earns 0.50%, if requirements are met.
- ATM refund: Up to $25 per statement cycle, if requirements are met.
- Rewards APY changed to 1.50% on March 20, 2014.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.