April 2013: Top 10 states for foreclosure
Foreclosure filings were down 5 percent nationally from March to April. According to RealtyTrac, a California-based firm that tracks foreclosures, these states had the highest rates of foreclosure in April. Nationally, 1 in every 905 housing units received a foreclosure filing last month.
Did your state make the top 10 foreclosure list?
Top 10 foreclosures by state (as of April 2013)
- National foreclosure filing average: 1:905 housing units
- National average foreclosure sales price: $180,968
- 1States: According to RealtyTrac, these states had the highest rates of foreclosure in April.
- 2Ratio of foreclosures: Ratio is based on the total number of properties entered into RealtyTrac's database during the month, broken out by type of filing.
- 3Rates: Average interest rate charged in the state for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage based on Bankrate.com's May 8, 2013, overnight averages.
- 4Income tax: The range of taxes levied by states on personal income. The tax is based on earned and unearned income.