Budget tracker apps
Diligent spenders should keep receipts and put them into some kind of register. These apps allow the user to do just that. My top picks in this category are:
Home Budget by Anishu Inc.
This app lets you manage account balances, budgets and bills.
- You can set up credit and debit accounts and track balances in one place.
- It syncs data with other iPhone users and can export to a desktop.
- Users can take a picture of the receipt and associate it with a "family sync" feature that allows members of the household to exchange expense and income information, and work together within a single budget.
- It's very visual and lets shared users see information quickly.
Wally by Wally.me
This application doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but what it does have is the ability to scan a receipt and then pull the information from the scan into a budget format.
- It lets you keep track of your spending and have a picture of the receipt in one place.
- While the scanning feature was a little fussy, it worked enough of the time that this feature alone makes it worthwhile enough for me to recommend it.