Click Here
Tax Guide
Forms & chartsA chart showing increases with yellow and green, and a cartoon man holding a large dollar bill at the top and a blue background
2009 tax forms you need

Primary forms for individuals | Forms for individuals claiming deductions |
Forms for businesses | Most popular IRS publications

Which individual forms to use for deductions
Type of expense/category:You may be eligible for:Use form:
MovingDeducting moving expenses.3903
Medical and dental expensesDeducting medical and dental expenses that are more than 7.5 percent of your adjusted gross income.Schedule A (File with Form 1040.)
Child care expensesDeducting child, household employee and dependent care expenses.2441, Schedule 2 (Form 1040A) Child and Dependent Care Expenses for Form 1040A Filers, Schedule H (Form 1040) or W-10.
Selling your homeExcluding any gain from income up to a limit of $250,000 ($500,000 if married filing jointly).Schedule D (Form 1040) Capital Gains and Losses.
Making charitable contributionsDeducting charitable contributions.Schedule A (Form 1040) Itemized Deductions.

8283 Noncash Charitable Contributions.
Divorced or separatedClaiming innocent spouse relief, which applies to all joint filers.

An election to allocate a deficiency, which applies to joint filers who are divorced, widowed, legally separated or have not lived together for the past 12 months.

Equitable relief, which applies to all joint filers and married couples filing separate returns in community property states.
8857 to request any of these kinds of relief.

Publication 971 explains these kinds of relief and who may qualify for them.

8332 Release of Claim to Exemption for Child of Divorced or Separated Parents.





Show Bankrate's community sharing policy
          Connect with us

Connect with us