Bankrate’s Acceptable Use Policy
What’s in this policy?
This policy tells you the standards that apply when you contact other Bankrate users, upload content to, link to or interact with the Bankrate website.
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area.
Who we are and how to contact us
bankrate.com/uk is a site operated by Bankrate. Bankrate is a trading name of uSwitch Limited. We’re registered in England and Wales under company number 03612689 and have our registered office at The Cooperage, 5 Copper Row, London SE1 2LH. Our VAT number is 169474366.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (312850)
You can contact us using the details here.
By using our site, you agree to comply with this policy
By using our site, you agree to comply with this acceptable use policy.
If you do not agree to this policy, you must not use our site.
You should save a copy of this policy for future reference.
Other terms also apply to you
We may change this policy
We update this policy as we change Bankrate to make it even better for you. Please check back regularly to make sure you know the policy that applies each time you use Bankrate.
This policy was last updated on 15 January 2019.
You may only use our site for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
- in any unlawful way;
- for fraud;
- to harm children in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not meet our content standards; or
- to send any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or spam.
You may not:
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is hosted; or
- any software used to provide our site.
We may provide interactive features on our site, including:
- chat rooms;
- bulletin boards; and
- comment fields.
We’ll do our best to assess risks for users of our interactive features (particularly for children) when third parties use our interactive features and we’ll decide whether to moderate those features based on our risk assessment. We are not obliged to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive features on our site. We are not liable for any loss arising from the use of an interactive feature in breach of our content standards, whether that feature is moderated or not.
You may only use our interactive features if you are 18 years old or older.
Where we do moderate an interactive feature, we will normally tell you how to contact a moderator if you have a concern.
These content standards apply to any contribution you make to our site and to any interactive features associated with it. You must comply with them.
Bankrate will determine in its discretion whether any contribution breaches these content standards.
Your contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions);
- comply with the law.
Your contribution must not:
- be defamatory of anyone;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe anyone’s intellectual property rights;
- be likely to deceive anyone;
- breach any legal duty owed to anyone (for example, a contractual duty or a duty of confidence);
- promote any illegal activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade anyone’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy anyone;
- impersonate anyone or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with anyone;
- give the impression that it emanates from Bankrate if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or incite anyone to commit or assist any unlawful or criminal act, including copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain any statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds to believe, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or will be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to commit, prepare or instigate acts of terrorism; or
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Breaches of this policy
If you breach this policy, we may act as we think fit, including:
- immediately withdrawing your right to use the site (either temporarily or permanently);
- immediately removing your contribution(s) from the site (either temporarily or permanently);
- issuing a warning to you;
- issuing legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of our costs incurred as a result of your breach, which we may recover on an indemnity basis;
- further legal action against you; and
- disclosing any information we think fit (including your personal details) to law enforcement authorities.
We are not liable to you for any loss you suffer as a result of your breach of this policy.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
This policy, its subject matter and formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute arising out of it (including non-contractual disputes), but if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.