United Auto Insurance (UAI) is headquartered in Chicago, IL and serves customers in Illinois and Indiana. The company has been in business for over 50 years and offer same-day coverage for a low price. They specialize in getting last minute coverage for all drivers, including teenagers, young adults, commercial drivers and those with troubled driving records.
United Auto coverage options and discounts
United Auto offers car insurance coverage for all drivers, even teenagers and those with tickets or other issues on their driving record. They offer flexible payment plans and have several offices where clients can meet with an agent in-person and drop off payments.
Here is a list of the types of car insurance policies available from United Auto:
- Car insurance, including increased liability coverage
- Leased vehicles
- Tow trucks
- Taxi, limousine and other commercial vehicles
- Teenage and young adult drivers
- Roadside assistance – an added option, available 24/7 and nationwide
Discounts on coverage from United Auto include:
- Multi-car – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same policy can reduce your rates.
- Safe driver – When all drivers on the policy keep a clean driving record, this discount is automatically applied.
- Renewal – Maintaining your policy with no lapses earns an automatic discount.
Details on these policies and discount packages are available by contacting an agent at United Auto.
United Auto ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
Because United Auto has a limited service area, covering only Illinois and Indiana, they haven’t been ranked nationally like other companies. However, the company has a 50-year history of serving their clients and they have many positive reviews online.
United Auto has a Better Business Bureau rating of A+, with 40 reviews and a 5-star rating. There are few complaints listed on the site, and all have been resolved. Most were regarding claims and a lack of clear communication.
Online reviews for United Auto Insurance on sites like Yelp are not flattering. Customers generally seem pleased with United Auto’s low cost insurance, until they have to file a United car insurance claim. United Auto doesn’t have agents available 24/7 like many of the larger insurance companies, which customers have stated leads to communication issues when they can’t reach an agent when they need to.
Reasons why United Auto is a great option
United Auto Insurance is a great option in Illinois and Indiana, especially for drivers with a history of accidents or claims.
- Low rates – Their rates are competitive with or lower than other providers in the area.
- Coverage for those with troubled driving or insurance records – If you have a lot of claims, tickets or need an SR-22, United Auto may be able to cover you at a reasonable price.
- Smaller company, you won’t get lost in the crowd – If you don’t like being part of a larger national company, United Auto might be for you.
Additional policies offered by United Auto
In addition to car insurance, United Auto offers coverage for homeowners and renters in cases of weather damage, fire, vandalism or theft.
Frequently asked questions
What information is needed in order to get a quote from United Auto?
To get a quote from United Auto, you will be asked to provide your contact information, the make and model of your car and other essential details. You can call to get a quote or apply online for instant coverage.
When will I receive proof of insurance with United Auto Insurance?
Proof of insurance will be provided immediately.
What forms of payment does United Auto accept?
United Auto will accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Western Union Quick Collect and they can also take your personal check over the phone.
How do I file a United Auto Insurance claim?
You will need to call your closest United Auto office to file a claim. All claims will be processed by your insurance provider.