Great Florida Insurance is a franchise network of independent insurance agents. The company sells insurance products through partner providers, like Progressive, Foremost, Dairyland and Travelers. Great Florida does not offer or underwrite its own insurance policies. There are 126 offices located around the state of Florida, and the company offers a variety of policies, including home and auto insurance.
Great Florida car insurance
Great Florida insurance sells popular car insurance policies from participating providers. The best insurance company for your needs will depend on your location, desired coverage and budget. A Great Florida agent will help you find the best carrier for your situation. High-risk drivers can also find SR-22 insurance through a Great Florida partner agency.
Types of coverage
The type of coverage available through Great Florida depends on the underwriting insurance company. Here are some of the most popular car insurance coverages in Florida:
- Full coverage: In Florida, full coverage insurance policies include collision, comprehensive, liability, medical payments, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection (PIP) coverage.
- Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance covers the cost of towing, fuel delivery, battery replacement, extrication, locksmith services and more.
- Gap insurance: Gap insurance is designed to cover leased or financed cars. If a car is totaled, gap insurance will pay the difference between the vehicle’s value and the remaining loan balance.
- Rental car reimbursement: If a car needs repairs following a covered claim, rental car reimbursement will pay for alternate transportation.
Great Florida’s insurance discounts depend on the underwriting carrier. Here are some popular car insurance discounts in Florida:
- Claims-free discount: Drivers who have no prior insurance claims on their record within the last several years can often save money on their policy.
- Multi-policy discount: With a multi-policy discount, drivers who bundle an auto and home insurance policy with the same company get a lower rate.
- Safety equipment discount: Cars that have an anti-theft system, anti-lock brakes, airbags and other safety equipment often qualify for a discount.
Great Florida home insurance
Great Florida home insurance is sold through a network of local and regional providers. According to its website, Great Florida sells home insurance policies that are low-cost and worry-free. Great Florida Insurance also has information online about hurricane coverage, windstorm deductibles and other information that pertains to Florida homeowners.
Types of coverage
The types of coverage available through Florida insurance vary based on the underwriter. Here are some of the most common policies in the state:
- Standard coverage: Basic home insurance policies typically include dwelling, personal property, liability, medical payments and loss of use coverage.
- Personal property replacement cost coverage: This endorsement reimburses the homeowner for damaged or destroyed personal items at their original value.
- Water backup coverage: Water backup coverage pays to repair water damage that is caused by sudden or accidental water discharge or burst pipes.
- Ordinance coverage: Ordinance coverage will pay to repair or rebuild parts of the home according to local ordinances or building codes.
Here are some of the discounts that may be available through Great Florida’s partner providers:
- New home discount: Homeowners who purchase new homes or newly built homes often qualify for a discount.
- Gated community discount: Homes that are located in gated communities typically get a small discount on the cost of insurance.
- Claims-free discount: Homeowners who have no recent insurance claims can get a lower premium.
- Security system discount: Homes that have an anti-theft or security system can usually get a cheaper rate.
Reasons why Great Florida is a good option
Great Florida is a good option for Florida residents who are not sure which insurance provider is right for their needs. Because the company sells insurance through a network of providers, an agent can help prospective customers find the best policy at the best price. It eliminates many hours spent researching and comparing providers on your own.
However, Great Florida has several downsides. Customers have to work with an agent to get a quote, file a claim and update their policy. The company lacks many of the digital tools that larger insurance companies have, like online quotes and calculators. Another downside is the small coverage area. As the name suggests, Great Florida only sells insurance in Florida.
Another downside of working with independent agents is that they tend to lack in-depth knowledge of the policies they sell. Customers should also consider that independent agents often work with smaller, lesser-known insurance companies, which can have higher prices and fewer coverage options than large providers.
Great Florida ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
Great Florida Insurance does not have many reviews. The company is not rated by J.D. Power, AM Best or the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). Some Great Florida franchise offices are rated by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), so prospective customers should check the BBB rating of their local office to see what other customers think.
Additional policies offered by Great Florida
Great Florida offers a variety of other insurance products, including:
- Boat insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Renters insurance
- Commercial insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Flood insurance
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to get a quote from Great Florida?
To get a quote from Great Florida Insurance, you will need to find an agent in your area. The agent will ask for your name, contact information, address, birthday and social security number. For home insurance, you will be asked about the size of the home, the condition of the home, the year it was built and any unique features it has, like a pool. For car insurance, you will provide the car’s VIN number, make, model and year, as well as the mileage. The agent will also ask what type of coverage you need and how much coverage you need.
How do I file a claim with Great Florida?
Customers must file a claim through an agent. You will be asked to give your policy number, a description of the incident, evidence of the damage and the police report (if you received one). You will also need to let the agent know who else was involved or affected by the claim.