Falcon Insurance sells non-standard car insurance coverage to high-risk drivers in Illinois, Oklahoma, Texas, Indiana, Arizona and Utah. The company claims that it offers affordable coverage to every driver, regardless of their driving record, credit score or claims history. Falcon car insurance is sold through a network of 1,200 independent insurance agents.
Falcon car insurance
Falcon auto insurance is geared toward high-risk drivers. As a result, the coverage is very limited, and drivers do not have the option to customize their policy with any endorsements or add-on policies. However, Falcon offers flexible payment plans, with monthly, bi-annual and annual payment options. There are also several discounts that can help drivers get a more affordable premium.
Types of coverage
Here are the auto insurance coverages available through Falcon Insurance:
- Minimum coverage insurance: Minimum coverage insurance includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability coverage. It might also include uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage depending on the state.
- Full coverage insurance: A full coverage policy from Falcon includes collision, comprehensive, uninsured/underinsured motorist and liability coverage.
- SR-22s: An SR-22 is a certificate that proves you carry minimum liability insurance in your state. SR-22s are often required after a DUI/DWI or other serious violation, like driving without insurance.
Falcon Insurance Company offers a handful of popular insurance discounts, including:
- Homeowner discount: Drivers who own their home qualify for a discount on their car insurance policy.
- Multi-vehicle discount: Drivers who insure two or more vehicles on their policy get a lower rate.
- Pay in full discount: Drivers who pay their annual premium upfront and in full, rather than in monthly installments, can save money on their policy.
- Transfer discount: Drivers who transfer from another insurance company can save some money once they become a Falcon customer.
Reasons why Falcon is a good option
Falcon Insurance is a good option for drivers who need non-standard insurance. This typically includes drivers who cannot qualify for regular car insurance due to their driving record, claims history or credit score. Drivers can also purchase an SR-22 through Falcon Insurance if they live in one of the six covered states.
Falcon may also be a good option for drivers who want the convenience of a mobile app. Through the Falcon Insurance app, drivers can access their ID cards, view their policy information, make payments and file a claim. The app gets good reviews in the App Store and Google Play Store, with an average rating of 4.7 stars.
There are some benefits to Falcon Insurance, but ultimately, this company is not a good option for the majority of drivers who are not considered high-risk. Car insurance policies from Falcon are extremely limited. There are no endorsements available, which can leave gaps in coverage. Additionally, drivers have to work with an agent to get a quote and purchase a policy, which some may find inconvenient.
Falcon ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
Falcon Insurance is not widely rated or reviewed. But the ratings it does have indicate poor customer service and satisfaction. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives Falcon an A+ rating, but the company has an average customer score of 1.38 out of 5 stars based on 74 customer reviews. Dozens of customers have complained about poor claims handling, low payouts and negative customer service interactions.
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to get a quote from Falcon?
To get a car insurance quote from Falcon, you will need to find an agent in your area and request a quote over the phone. Be prepared to provide your name, birthday, social security number and some information about your car, like the VIN number, make, model and year, as well as the mileage. You will also need to explain what type of coverage you need, how much coverage you need and how much you want the deductible to be.
How do I file a claim with Falcon?
Falcon customers can file a claim in the mobile app, on the website or by calling an agent. In any case, you will need to provide your policy number, a detailed description of the incident, the police report (if you have one), photo evidence of the incident and the names and contact information of other drivers involved.