Have you sworn off shopping on Black Friday but still secretly feel like you're missing out? This year, shoppers are twice as likely to shop online as opposed to braving the crowds in stores and malls on Black Friday, according to a survey by Ebates. Cyber Monday, here you come.
In talking with experts on saving about Cyber Monday, the biggest change is that many more retailers will offer free shipping on purchases this year. That means you can get the deals without the crowds or paying more for shipping. There will be lots of savings, but it may get unwieldy with so many deals online.
Get organized early by following these steps.
- Find and save all the coupon codes you are interested in early by searching coupon sites. Some sites have already released their Cyber Monday specials.
- If you plan to shop specific retailers, compare gift cards on Bankrate.
- FreeShipping.org lists all the free shipping offers and any necessary free shipping codes you'll need on Cyber Monday.
- Worried a site is not reputable? Search for negative reviews.
- Check Twitter and Facebook every hour on Cyber Monday because Internet retailers live online, have larger inventories and can do lots of different social media specials.
- Set up Twitter feed organizational tools and RSS feeds for your favorite websites and sales blogs to keep on top of all the savings.
Whoever said saving money was easy? How will you stay organized on Cyber Monday?