Peyton Manning and Eli Manning are on the list for 10 of the richest football players list; the former is first on the list, and the latter is last. I hope this fact is brought up this year at the Manning family reunion. This and more, today on Bankrate.com.
1. How much money could throwing a ball around a field with a bunch of guys net you? A lot, actually.
2. Young people and bonds go together like burgers and sushi. It's fantastic for some (no really, try it!) but probably not for everyone (close-minded wimp).
3. When the iPhone 5 was released, one of the biggest disappointments was the lack of the rumored near-field communication, or NFC, chip, which would have been a good step toward making physical wallets obsolete.
4. Sure, Google, your employee benefits are great. Free haircuts. Fifty percent of a spouse's salary for 10 years for a widow. Six weeks' of paid maternity leave for new dads (or would that be paternity leave?). But guess what, Google. I work at Bankrate, best company in the history of ever. Bankrate pride? Bankrate pride. Represent.
5. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau cracked down on Discover, making them return $200 million among 3.5 million cardholders. That's like, $57 per person. Victory.