Did you know that removing dollar signs from a menu is one way restaurants get you to spend more money? Who would've thought dollar signs make you think about money? This and more, today on Bankrate.com.
1. Stay one step ahead of restaurants by knowing all the sneaky ways they get you to spend more money. For example, a restaurant playing slow music will have customers lingering around and spending more as opposed to one playing fast music, which has customers in and out of the restaurant faster. Solution? Bring your own headphones and play some speed metal! Your wallet will thank you (though probably not your ears).
2. Whoa there! What's your rush to retire? Are you even ready? You might want to make sure of that before you make the leap into your well-deserved years of trying not to be bored.
3. You don't have to be married to buy a home with someone you love! You just have to follow these tips, and everything should work out perfectly as if you're living a real-life version of the most glorious fairy tale about two unmarried people owning a home together.
4. Teens just don't care about whatever, am I right?! That's why it's up to you as a parent to make sure they aren't vulnerable to ID theft (and they totally are) because it's not like they care about their identity being stolen or anything because identity isn't even a tangible thing, and it's just a way for the man to like, control you and stuff, Dad.
5. America must mirror the sentiments of teens regarding identity theft because it is one of the only countries that hasn't switched over to EMV-enabled chip cards, which are much safer to use than those with magnetic strips. MasterCard is putting pressure on ATM owners to make the switch to EMV-compatible machines.