Happy Monday! If you're feeling down about your finances, Bankrate has some good news for you today.
1. More Americans are putting away more money in retirement accounts, relative to last year, according to our August Financial Security Index. (After reading that story, go ahead and adjust your 401(k) contribution just 1 percent! You'll feel better.)
2. More good news: Nicky Hilton's house is up for sale! Check out the pictures here for her 4,000-square-foot pad. Even if you don't have the $3 mil to buy it, you can still drool, right?
3. Credit card debt is up, but delinquencies are down. Be the half-glass-full type -- that's good news, right?
4. If your credit is low and your debt pile is growing, keep your chin up! Our Debt Adviser says it's never too late to fix your credit and start paying off your debt.
5. Teaching your kids the value of charity -- even when you only have your time to give -- is priceless.