Looking for a good retirement location? What about how you can avoid summertime scams? We have your personal finance prescription ready for pickup today on Bankrate.com.
1. Connecticut and Hawaii are among the six best states for retirement. Find out where else you should consider spending your golden years.
2. Has a random guy knocked on your door and offered to "fix" your roof? Have you received an email from your "mugged grandchild" on vacation? Don't fall victim to these and other scams this summer.
3. Should you force your husband to make more of a commitment to the military and let you use his GI Bill benefits or take out a loan to fund your higher education aspirations? Find out what Dr. Don prescribes for this family dilemma.
4. The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill ending the on-machine ATM fee notice requirement. Will the Senate do the same? Stay tuned.
5. Girl power! As of Aug. 1, new health insurance plans are required to cover a smorgasbord of preventative services for American women -- at no additional cost.
Follow me on Twitter @CrissiPonder.