Happy 7-Eleven! After you enjoy your free Slurpee, check out these five things to know today.
1. The fabled free Slurpee -- a wonderful treat on July 11 in places like muggy South Florida -- is not a secret. But other retailers work to keep some of their sinister practices from you.
2. What are you putting on plastic? I hope it's worth it. Nationwide in May, credit card debt jumped by the biggest month-over-month percentage in almost five years.
3. You're going to wear a white wedding dress? *Stifles a laugh.* OK. Well, at least pick the right one to buy or rent.
4. If you're getting married, I hope you're saving money for it. If it's in a money market fund, watch out for some changes coming your way.
5. There's a whole world of homebuyers who might buy your house.