You know what they say about the big names who create big tax laws? They have huge, sweeping ideas. To put your finger on the pulse, read the five things to know today.
1. The money you fork over to the government in taxes wasn't just a spontaneous idea or number. You can thank these guys for those taxes -- at least the ones who are still alive.
2. Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket? You might be able to use it to pay your mortgage.
3. CEOs have big salaries. Learn how to grow yours.
4. EBay is one of the largest online auction websites out there. Have you made any big bids recently?
5. You can have a big house, but do you really want a big mortgage? If you can refi to a shorter term, do it. It'll shave off a few.