Happy Friday! Today's hot stories involve celebrity, young billionaires, student loans and more.
1. Before she made it, Hoda Kotb of "Today" got her start in Cairo and was also a waitress at Ponderosa. Find out what the morning co-host splurges on now.
2. These homeowners have some extra money for splurges after they refinanced. They tell their stories here.
3. If you have a ton of extra money to burn, why not invest in a private island? You missed the boat on this one, but there are sure to be more island-buying opportunities in the future.
4. Not a billionaire? Being on the ground floor of a hot tech startup could get you there ... maybe.
5. If you're looking to make your moneys the conventional way (via education), there's a lot to know about federal student loans. Find out the basics here.
Follow me on Twitter @rosehelen.