Dig in to today's hot stories on fireworks, road trip cars and election predictions.
1. If you've ever seen the aftermath of homemade fireworks gone awry (like this blogger did, Fourth of July '03), you'll want to leave the dazzling displays to the pros. For more on how they work their magic, read this.
2. On the other hand, plenty of us worry about the fallout of DIY investing gone wrong but are eager to dive in anyway. Learn how your gender can influence your investing decisions.
3. Looking to avoid a cramped family road trip your kiddos will be complaining about for summers to come? Riding in one of these babies might make your trip better.
4. It's not time to start filming a new installment of "Homebuyers Gone Wild!" yet, but new home sales rose quite a bit in May.
5. A Montana investment firm says the stock market is the best predictor of presidential election results. Does this mean the pundits on cable don't know all the answers?