Today's hot stories include freedom, parties and couch surfing. Here's what you need to know.
1. Celebrate Independence Day this year by making a commitment to financial freedom. Bonus points if you do it while wearing a U.S. flag bandanna and a bald eagle tee shirt.
2. Continue the money-saving fun by throwing a frugal summer party. BYOB!
3. While you're at it, you could invite some couch surfers to your gathering ... and then stay with them for free when you're traveling.
4. With all the money you're saving, you'll have more to contribute to your retirement funds. Here are some tips.
5. And in judicial news, here at Bankrate we're waiting with bated breath for the Supreme Court to rule on the Affordable Care Act. Come back to Bankrate after the decision comes for news and analysis.