Happy Friday! It's been a long week with the Federal Reserve meeting and mortgage rates finding new ways to be ultralow. Here are five things that will jump-start your Friday.
1. We've probably mentioned here in the past that kids are expensive. But maybe it's not fair to pick on just the kids: Big events such as marriage, retirement, a new career and a new business venture are all costly life adventures.
2. But we can't stop thinking about that high price tag to raise a kid (about $295,560 after 17 years!). However, same-sex couples might have some tax advantages when it comes to raising the little critters.
3. If you're going to do the family-and-kids thing, congratulations! Here are some great compact cars that should fit your family's needs.
4. Es muy bien! Some banks are starting to implement bilingual online banking services. They're starting with Spanish, but hey, maybe in a few years we'll see some services asking, "Sprechen Sie Deutsch?"
5. You know that extremely embarrassing moment when your card is declined? You start defending yourself immediately, saying "That's weird, that's never happened before. Try it again! There's definitely money on there." Well, that awkward moment was the most embarrassing to handle, according to a recent survey.