Good morning! The Federal Reserve plans to meet today, and its members might make some decisions that will impact your life. Stay tuned in our Fed blog. Here are more things to know today.
1. Storage units are sometimes used as impromptu homes and band-practice spaces. Does yours just hold regular old stuff? Make sure it's protected from interlopers and other things that could damage it.
2. Good news! Half of people who are 66 years old are prepared to stop working. As for the other half, will working more have you ready to retire by the time you're 70? Spoiler alert: no.
3. You want to give your kids the theme-park vacay of their dreams. If the only way you can see that happening is by feeding your brood hot dogs for the other 50 weeks of the year, check out these creative ways to trim trip costs without cutting back on fun.
4. If you're going to drain some of your funds to pay for your kid's education -- he better be going to Harvard! -- then consider these ways to do it.
5. Pat your provider on the back after reading these surprising things covered by health insurance.