Happy Fed day! What do Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke and his crew have in store for the U.S. economy? Here's what you need to know.
1. The Federal Reserve will announce its plans for the federal funds rate at 12:30 p.m. and hold a press conference at 2:15 p.m. Eastern time. Check our Fed coverage for updated news throughout the day.
2. Looking for something for nothing? These days, freebies are increasingly hard to come by. Here's how to fight excessive nickel-and-diming.
3. Anyone who's ever dealt with ID theft knows it's a nightmare. Can ID theft insurance protect you?
4. A new study finds that women are more likely to carry balances on their credit cards and pay higher interest rates than men.
5. If you made a mistake on your taxes, the IRS will kindly grant you a do-over. It's called an amended tax return.