Happy Tuesday! Finances got you down? Whether a low bank account balance or a $4 impulse-bought breakfast sandwich has you feeling guilty, these tips to break your bad money habits can put you on the road to a brighter financial future. Read on for more on these and the other things you need to know today.
1. Distraction can be a powerful tool for curbing impulse buying. Try making a phone call every time you're tempted, and check out these other tips on getting your finances straight.
2. The Federal Reserve meets tomorrow. Will they swoop in with a plan that aims to help create jobs?
3. Remember the first-time homebuyer tax credit? It helped banks more than it helped homebuyers, a new study says.
4. What's the No. 1 way to retire rich? No, it's not winning the lottery or marrying a millionaire.
5. The Treasury may soon start selling money-losing bonds. Here's what you need to know.