Good morning! Yesterday was the last day to complete your taxes, and we hope you filed something -- at least an extension to file in October! But that doesn't mean you should cash your refund and ignore the Internal Revenue Service until next April.
Here are five things you need to know before you start your day.
1. The IRS gives some tax relief after a disaster.
2. Maybe you plan to use your tax refund on a vacation -- but watch out. The cost of travel is one of the five things that will be more expensive this year.
3. See what country star Jo Dee Messina likes to spend her money on.
4. If your checking account offers paltry yields, see whether your brokerage firm offers checking accounts.
5. And if you want to use your refund to help your kid get that dream house, here's what to consider when giving a mortgage down payment.