If you're like me, you always thought accounts of people saving money were myths of sorts -- things only goblins, unicorns and global warming could do. But what if saving weren't such a fantasy after all? This and more, today on Bankrate.com.
1. Here are three real stories of real people saving real money to accomplish real goals. Pictures, or it's not real, you say? Pictures of these real people are included.
2. Looks like Wal-Mart and American Express have teamed up. While this sounds terrifying in a dystopian sort of way, it might actually be a good thing.
3. Imagine if, while you were a kid in school, your teacher started selling your bad report cards to businesses and whatnot. Not the best feeling in the world, I'd imagine. That's basically what Equifax is doing.
4. Also, back when you were a kid, remember wishing you could use Monopoly money as real money? This is probably not what you had in mind.
5. So you owe some tax money. Big deal, right? It's not like it shows up on your credit report or anything. Well ...