On Sept. 6, more than 400 personal finance bloggers will descend upon Denver for #FinCon12.
For the uninitiated, #FinCon12 is the second-annual financial blogger conference that brings together financial companies, bloggers, professionals, journalists and authors. It's a great opportunity for attendees to network and get some peer education on financial trends as well as tactics in blogging, monetization and social media.
And what's an industry conference without cocktails?
Enter Bankrate's happy hour. We're pumped to be a sponsor and bring drinks and eats to conference attendees on Saturday night.
Here are 10 reasons you should come to our #FinCon12 happy hour:
1. Free drinks: It seems obvious, but it's worth noting to a frugality-focused group.
2. Tasty eats: We'll please vegans to meat-and-potato people. Spinach and artichoke dip, wings, pork sliders, cheese and fruit platters, crostinis and chipotle chicken puff pastries are all on the menu.
3. Cool prizes: We’re going to raffle off some gadgets. Bring your business cards! It’s going down fishbowl style.
4. Stock up on swag: If you can hang with us, you’re probably going to need some coffee Sunday morning. Pour it in a Bankrate mug, and slap a Bankrate luggage tag on your suitcase in case the airline loses it. We’ll have some other gifts, too.
5. Stay connected: There’s free wifi.
6. Mingle with bloggers: Network and have fun with your peers and friends!
7. Mingle with Bankrate people: Between CreditCards.com, InsuranceQuotes.com and Bankrate.com, we’ll definitely represent as hosts. And when we get together with the blogger community, you never know what we’re going to cook up next.
8. Fun venue: It’s a cozy and charming Irish pub just a few blocks away from the Grand Hyatt.
9. Be a tourist: The pub is located in the 16th Street Mall, where there’s plenty for out-of-towners to do and see.
10. What else would you be doing?
So join us Saturday, Sept. 8, at 6 p.m. MDT at Katie Mullen’s Irish Pub, located at 1550 Court Place in the 16th Street Mall.
Oh, and yours truly will be conducting a social media breakout session at 2:45 p.m. MDT Saturday at the Mt. Columbia meeting room on the third floor.
It’ll be an interactive session: I want to hear which social networks you’ve tried, which you like and find effective and which you’ve ditched. I’ll recommend the top social networks so you know where to devote your energy if you only have time and resources to manage a few. I’ll give some pointers for expanding the life of your content in social media, and sharing ways to track and benchmark your progress.
See you there! Tweet me at @BankrateJanet if you have any questions!