This Labor Day survey is an inspiration for anyone focused on retirement planning.
Extend Health, which helps companies advise employees on Medicare supplement plans, surveyed 471 retirees. Here's what they learned.
What do you love about retirement?
- I can do what I want with my time, 43 percent
- I don't have the stress that was part of my work, 25 percent
- I can spend more time with my spouse or partner, 11 percent
- I can see my children and grandchildren more often, 10 percent
- I don't have to get up every morning and go to work, 8 percent
- I don't know, 3 percent
What do you hate about retirement?
- I don't miss working at all -- I love being retired, 71 percent
- I miss the people I worked with, 15 percent
- I don't feel productive anymore, 4 percent
- I wasn't ready to retire, 4 percent
- I miss my work, 3 percent
- I have too much time on my hands, 2 percent
Happy Labor Day. This sounds like good news for all of us still in the trenches.